Smoke Signals

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Long time, no posts

I just checked here and noticed I haven't blogged about anything in a long time. I have a couple of things going on that I can blog about so here it goes.

I decided to use my mac mini exclusively at work. I wanted to see how well it would integrate with exchange and our fileserver but I also wanted to get used to using OS X. So far Entourage isn't quite like Outlook with exchange there are quite a few things that we use that do not work at all which is a bummer. The fileserver is a piece of cake to connect to so there is not problem there. Using Sharepoint doesn't work but I think I can proxy IE (yuk) through the domain controller which should solve that problem.

I have been doing Rails development at my current job which is a blessing. All I can say is working on Rails with Textmate is like heaven. The code snippets rock, it is so productive and intuitive I am just stoked. I only wish it had some collaboration features like SubEthaEdit. I also got lighty and mysql working flawlessly on the mini.

A big change in my life might be right around the corner. The gears are in motion and it looks like things are falling into place. I have faith that it will happen and it will be great. Once it happens, I will blog about it.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home