Smoke Signals

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Rails Recipes

I bought the domain Rails Recipes last year in hopes of making a site that is a place for people to post recipes on how to do certain things in Rails, much like the ZopeLabs site I used to be a part of a few years ago. Needless to say, I didn’t end up implementing anything on it. To my surprise, I get an email from Chad Fowler of the Programming Ruby fame about a book he is working on called Rails Recipes.

Being the bargain-minded person I am I told him I would give him the domain for his new book in exchange for a copy of the book. The gracious people at Pragmatic Programmers, Chad and Dave did more than that. They sent me Programming Ruby and the pdf of the Rails Recipes book. Much more than what I had asked for. Now if I could just get a deal on the Pragmatic Studio workshop. They offered to give me Agile Web Development in Rails but I already own that. I just got the Programming Ruby book in the mail yesterday. It is something I have needed for a while. Thank you guys, you Rock! You now have a Pragmatic Programmers evangelist.

As for the book, Rails Recipes, all I can say is, it rocks! There are some sweet recipes in there, my favorite being the UI recipes. I can’t wait till all of them are in there. Great work Chad! If you want to learn how to do some cool stuff you won’t find anywhere else in Rails. Buy The Book.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the kind words, thanks for the domain, and thanks for the link!

    Now I've got to get that domain working :)

    Chad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home