Smoke Signals

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Religion of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Fyling Spaghetti Monsterism is a religion that "prophet" Bobby Henderson started as a protest to the whole teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. In particular the Kansas State Board of Education's descision to allow the subject to be taught in schools.

I have blogged about this before. I find the topic interesting. I have since changed my views on the subject partially because of the arguments presented in some of the comments readers have left. I do feel we should be taught theories on why we are here and how we got here. I do not think a science class is the appropriate place to do such a thing. It is not scientific. It does not follow scientific principals. It is a subject which should be left to another classroom setting. Is Alchemy going to be added to chemistry classes?

If you disagree, please tell me why. I would like to hear good arguments that support teaching "intelligent design" in science classes.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home